Confident Communication- Speech and Language Therapy was set up in response to the growing shortage of Speech and Language Therapy provision within the NHS which has resulted in long waiting lists and shorter therapy blocks.
Sarah is a Specialist Speech and Language Therapist with a first class BSc (Hons) in Speech and Language Therapy and two University Scholar Titles from The National University of Ireland Galway.
Sarah is a highly motivated, enthusiastic and conscientious professional committed to improving standards of care and outcomes for clients through delivering evidence-based practice, evaluation of practice, knowledge of research and life-long learning.
Sarah has had a successful career in the NHS, working across four London boroughs in a variety of settings with a number of different clinical presentations.
Sarah’s professional registrations and licence to practise are maintained by undertaking regular continuing professional development and by giving and receiving clinical supervision. See Professional Membership for more detail.
Speech and Language Therapists can help with a variety of conditions for example:
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Huntington’s Disease
- Progressive Supranuclear Palsy
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Motor Neuron Disease
- Primary Progressive Aphasia
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Head and Neck Cancer
- Facial Palsy
- Vocal Cord Dysfunction/Paradoxical Vocal Fold Movement
We are experienced in working with a range of communication/swallowing impairments including:
- Cognitive Communication Disorder
- Facial Palsy
- Eating and Swallowing difficulties (Dysphagia)
Do you identify with any of the following?
- Difficulty eating, drinking or swallowing?
- Difficulty pronouncing words following a stroke or any other medical condition?
- Is your speech slurred/imprecise?
- Are you having trouble remembering words or peoples names?
- Do you find it difficult to move your lips and tongue in the correct sequence when speaking?
- Are you experiencing difficulty speaking and/or understanding language?
- Do you find topic initiation, topic maintenance, turn-taking difficult when conversing with others?
- Is your speaking volume decreasing following diagnosis of Parksinson’s Disease?
- Are your facial expressions asymmetrical following a peripheral nerve palsy e.g. Bell’s Palsy?
If you identify with any of the above or have any other speech, language or swallowing concerns then we recommend you contact us.
If you would like training on any of the aforementioned for your organisation please contact us.
Online therapy using Skype, FaceTime or WebEx is available for those who:
- Have received an initial face to face assessment and wish to continue their therapy online
- Due to geographical reasons are unable to receive face to face treatment
It is best suited to treating:
- Conditions appropriate for LSVT e.g. Parkinson's Disease
- Higher level language disorders
If you are unable to engage in direct face to face assessment or therapy and would like to discuss telehealth further please contact us.
|Initial consultation||From £100 per hour|
|Communication assessment||From £100-125 per hour|
|Therapy||From £90-115 per hour|
|Swallowing assessment, recommendations and report||
£225 fixed fee
|Writing letters, phone calls, meetings etc.||£90 per hour or part thereof|
|Reading relevant medical documents||£90 per hour or part thereof|
|Training||£150 per hour|
|NHS interview coaching||£150 per hour|
The charges reflect the specialist services that are provided. They are variable as some conditions are more complex to treat than others.Please note these prices are for assessment/treatment within 3 miles of Buckhurst Hill. Any additional distances will incur a supplement being added, according to the mileage.
Payment: Accepted by bank transfer or cash on receipt of invoice.
Cancellation of sessions: If less than 24 hours notice given the full session fee will be charged.
The appearance of the above member logos on this website are for promotional purposes only and do not constitute endorsement of the services being offered